the b-town sound

This is possibly my favorite picture of Burlington...I don't know why I love this building so, but I do...and from every angle. It's like the Hollywood sign for Burlington. Burlington has been so good to me, and after the initial excitement of getting into school has worn off...I find myself sadder than I anticipated...I know that I don't really want to leave this lakeside town...who would? But at the same time...I know that I want to move onward and upward. Life...good thing it takes a while. Life in Burlington, for me, has been about embracing new things, not the least of which is rock 'n' roll. Surprised? Me too. When I moved here, I was an avid REM fan, with mostly classical music albums in my collection. There's nothing wrong with that, I know...but there's so much more to experience I've found. For almost day one, I was exposd to this new scene...the phrase "I'm going to a show" suddenly meant more than "I'm going to spend 45 minutes in a hot club standing in the back and pretending to be interested." I still remember my first Metronome show...and I can't imagine listening to my favorite local rockers without being draped over the huge monitors in the front of the stage. Thanks to those who moved me.

No comments: