Better days and more pictures...

Ok, here is the beginning of the tour of Xavier Bathrooms...while there are lots of differences...the one similarity between all of them (besides the basic toilet, sink, mirror fixtures) is that Xavier students are not trusted to flush the toilets on their own. The first thing that I thought of was: "Maybe this way, nobody can flush a cherry bomb down the toilet?" Here's the other random question...why is Ninja taking us on a tour of the public bathrooms? I'll tell you, kitten...it's because of all the new things in my life...sharing the bathroom and the frequency that I must use the public bathrooms makes me feel that my life is much more temporary that it may, in fact, be. For you see people...when you use a bathroom that it not your own...there are perks, and also letdowns. For one...buying toilet paper and soap is not as high on the shopping list, leaving room for other must-haves like a decent cup of coffee...more on that and the lack of it later...another upside is that someone else cleans the bathroom...usually...which brings me to the downsides...someone else cleans the bathroom...and perhaps not with the frequency that i would like. Also, the quality of products is not always up to snuff. I like to use a nice fragrant hand soap...and perhaps a lotion option would be nice? Alas...I don't attend school at the local country club...so my hands smell of whatever blue goo they use to fill up those dispensers. The other reasons that publis bathrooms make me feel like a transient...simple fact...I can't leave my stuff in there. I used the term school gypsy a few posts ago, and it's really true. I was spoiled, working across the street from my home for two years...I rarely had to bring anything with me...now, I find myself carting my possessions and comforts here there and everywhere. At least my back is getting stronger. Right now, I only have one picture to share...the bathroom at the Cintas Center...which houses our sports arena and student cafeteria. Notice the poured concrete floors, the available stalls...the girl at the sink washing her hands...(in the pink shirt) yeah...did she this I was weird...I'm sure she did. You know, I should be taking pictures of the looks people give me when I take a camera into the bathroom. I can only guess what they are thinking. I did have the privilege of using the bathroom in the Schmitt building on Friday, and I forgot my camera...half on purpose, because I was attending a lecture, and I thought that it was already disruptive that I was excusing myself in the middle...but to walk in and out with my camera would be doubly weird. I'm bummed because it was the only bathroom on campus that I've see with fresh flowers in it. Does anyone watch Seinfeld? I'm not fan, but I devour TV like it's chips and dip, and so I've caught a pair amount...anyway, George has the uncanny ability to find the best public bathrooms all over NYC..perhaps for the spring, I will be able to publish a similar guide to Cincinnati. I'll branch out...I promise...and find other bathrooms...bathrooms where the patrons are trusted to flush.

No comments: