[insert clever title here]

I should put out a 'zine...I kind of think i know what it is I want to focus on in this here academic setting, and it's creative writing. I think that I know what it is I want to pursue, and it's publishing and editing...I think I know how much money I want to make and it's a whole bunch. The things I'm not sure about? What to have for lunch, where to live in 5 weeks...where to work in the meantime. All of you are free to give me your critical feedback of these plans...Someone said once that I was a good writer, but they wanted to sleep with me, so I'm not sure how much I trust them...and looking critically at my own 43 posts, I'm not sure I can say that they are totally fantastically riviting...but I like reading them...So I'm going to my advisor today and I am bringing this revalation to her attention, and I'll probably have to sign up for poetry class (gag) and perhaps a critical analysis seminar (yawn) but it sure beats physics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make your 'zine. Be a publisher. But don't get ground up in some wank managerial-style dayjob plubisher gig. Go nuts with it. Look at all the burning and smoldering and churning publications (from Ray Gun on down to Monocle) and keep it real (or fake, or whatever).

Anonymous said...

yeah! i have more to say on this but also "yeah!"...