Just...breathe

Panic crisis over...or abated anyways. The sun is out, the snadals are on...and I had an actual full night of sleep last night, due to the fact that I have decided to sleep on the couch for the rest of my time here in "roommate hell". Plus, four of my very dear friends became parents in the last 8 days!! We welcome to the world Alexander Matthew Taber and Lily Jane Larson...the new lights of the world! My nerdy friends have babies!! The boys that I grew up with, drank too much with and (ahem) other assorted debauchery are now sleepless dads...with groggy wives who are real troopers and will make the most wonderful moms. There's nothing like babies to turn frowns upside down...and as an added bonus, I recieved multiple pictures of the new babes and my three girls from VT...Mo, Bev and C-ya are three sisters with whom I have an unabashed crush on...I've known Mo since she was in the womb...and loved the family since I first set eyes on them. C-ya will turn one year old in a matter of weeks...and she is climbing the stairs and making lots of noise each time I call. Middle sis Bev is cute as ever, with more and more of here dad's family coming out in her features...Oh, my babies...I did wake up to the startling news that I have a test today...a test I could have been studying for the entire spring break...but now have 4 hours to prepare...I called off work in the interest of maintianing my GPA...I wish I could maintain my bank account and still ace this theology exam...but choices must be made. After the test, I'll have the afternoon off and I'm not sure what to do about that...you know what I need...a good solid crush...on a boy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every now and then my dad tells me "Keep smiling, it makes them wonder what you're up to." I pass that koan on to you now.

Anonymous said...

that's a gem.