Here's what feels good...finishing my homework

Sorry I have been so remiss about posting the updates to the blog...it turns out that college life makes me busy, and I am just now sitting down to rest after what feels like many days of going from place to place and learning about things. I am not complaining...no way...I am so beyond happy to be back in school...except when I am in Theology class and the children in the back row refuse to shut the hell up so that I can hear Professor Tan. I swear, I didn't even realize that I was shooting them dirty looks until halfway through class...oh yeah, I'm that girl. To be fair, we were answering questions about religious experiences, and one kid said that eating mushrooms was the most awesome experience he'd ever had. I roll my eyes. My fellow Dagger Deb Norm is here from Vermont with a car full of things (thank you Norm!) and lots of nice warm friendship feelings. Oh, our time together has not been without it's trials...today, I had issues with the cell phone, which I also dropped and cracked...and the bank machine ATE the card we were using, sending both of us into a tizzy for the rest of the afternoon. Luckily, we ended the evening with a trip to Beelistics studio for Norm's ohio tattoo, our state flower, the scarlet carnation. and it was an awesome experience. The artist (Tony) could not have been nicer...even if he is from the West Side...represent! I also took the beloved Norm to the beloved skyline, where she got a 4-way (onion...nice) and appropriately enjoyed the hell out of it. Oh yes, and the whole time she's been here, I've either been in class or at work (I got a job! I started today!) or doing my homework, and she has been reading or hanging out in my so so hot apartment. Really...the apartment is fucking tropical in temperature...and one of my roommates thinks that it's cold all the time, so she turns up the heat once I turn it down. the apartment is so very hot that my other roommates actually turned on the AIR CONDITIONER...true story. But Norm is a trooper, even eating two meals with me in the dining hall...now that's friendship! I'm just glad she's here! It has snowed a bit more since I last posted, and there appeared on our lawn a three person snowman family, complete with a mustache on the "dad" and even a snow-dog...the next day, they looked a bit worse for the wear, and I gave Norm the final directions to my house by saying "it's the one with the dilapidated snowmen in the front." She found it ASAP. Blogger is not allowing me to post anymore pictures tonight, so I shall leave you with these images...plus, I am tired and I must rest before work and school tomorrow. I have finished my homework for the week, however, and nothing more is due from me until next Wednesday...a feeling that makes my heart flutter. Last night I was doing my economics homework (Econ, Mia!) and when I saw that I was on the last problem of the chapter, I could not help the smile that flitted across my face...I feel like a nerd a little bit...but it a really good way. Oh yeah...I've also had my first physics class, which was much less scary than I thought...and my professor is pretty funny, actually...I mean, the jokes that he makes are mostly physics or science related...but he's super. He kept doing things (like staring directly into the laser) and then telling us not to do that...but he kept doing it because he said he was already too "far gone for it to matter". I love geeks. There is also a crucifix in our Physics lab, a fact I think is so funny...even though this is a religious school, the Jesuits have a healthy view of science...but "everything under God" I suppose. I wonder if I can answer any of my physics questions with "Because of Jesus!"

No comments: