you've gotta be kidding me...it's only 10pm?

I succumbed to my desire for napping and took a two hour siesta this afternoon...only to be awakened by a call from the art museum rendez-vous boy. We spoke for a while, me a bit groggy and he full of questions about my past at City Market...did I feel that I was valued...was I part of a team? My answers were all nap-induced, and I found myself (predictably) making weird analogies about the problems with City Market...likening the management to a paint splatter. He and I have decided to meet at the "new" Cincinnati Contemporary Art Center tomorrow which has an exhibit by Charley Harper, whom I love. Perhaps after, we'll go out to dinner or something. I want to hang out with people so badly that I'm going out with a boy that told me I was a poor investment over Christmas. Granted, he has since made amends...awkwardly...but he does keep calling and the others just promise to call and then leave me hanging. What's a girl to think? Especially when she walks home...to her only safe haven, and there's five girls screaming and getting drunk. I feel displaced. Now, I'm in front of the TV at the student center, watching "The Mexican" on TBS and blogging. My bar was too crowded for me to hang out with a book and Jameson, so I went directly to Awakenings and had a boozy coffee...I kind of just want to sleep now, but I can't go home yet. Living with people is weird...not even because of the roommates...more due to the fact that I have no control over who comes over. Last night, in my PJ's and watching crappy TV, I had to get up and answer the door twice for random people...none of which my roomies even remembered came over the next day. I think these girls are alright...we're just from a different generation. I want to relax in my home and party outside, they only have the apartment. Now I'm getting all wrapped up in "The Mexican" a movie I believe is the illustration of the inherent problem with the American Economy. If you have never seen it, the movie itself is pretty cute, with nice dialogue and original story. The secondary character casting is unique...some predictable (James Gandolfini as the gangster) and other lesser know people (like the child-psychologist from tv's Law and Order) but, in my opinion...the entire thing is ruined by the casting of Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts. The whole movie, I can't stop concentrating on the "star power", which completely overshadows the story aspect. It's like seeing a Hummer being driven by a soccer mom...sure it gets you to you kids soccer game...but so would a Prius. Plus, what could they have spent the extra $$ on, if they didn't have to give Julia $40 million and points on the gross?

No comments: