Hip deep in the 'nati

I have forgotten my camera cord, so I cannot post pictures from tonight, but it was really really nice! Today was all about seeing people from the past. Today at work, I ran into my preschool reading teacher, who remembered me and my large family, as she had taught at least the first three of us to read and or write. I excitedly told her that I was an English major, before I had to run and catch the bus...but not before I went to the coffee shop to get a tea and ran into my old boss Brian (whom I called Jim). While waiting for the bus I saw my friends husband, who let me know that his wife was working...at Xavier! I went to see her after class got out, and we had a great time talking about the past few years. then, Norm and I went to dinner at Zip's, which has the best burgers in the city...and $2 local bottled beer...Hudepohl...soooo west side, but it can't be beat! Then it was off to Greater's the best iced cream on god's green earth. After the eats and the sweets, we piled into the car for a tour of the ninja's childhood...including first and last apartments, homes and grade school...as well as a walking tour of the location of my wedding...no, I don't even have a boy in my life, but I've already planned my reception, invitations and ceremony...Norm approved of the site very much, and let me tell you...bringing the two parts of my life together like that was a feeling I'd been looking for. It's like Dorothy said...even though I felt far away, I was home the whole time. I love you, my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i come visit I want a tour too!

Anonymous said...

i love you, too!!!