I'm here, it's queer...I'll get used to it

Well, the sun has just broken though the clouds for the first time since I arrived. We've had lots of rain in Ohio lately, and the temps are in the low 30's, making everyone comment on the "fierce winter" we're having...I chuckle. I left Burlington Sunday Morning at 6AM (after consuming my final shiner as a resident of VT) and snagged a window seat to say farewell to my beloved state. Unfortunately, it was too dark to see the mountains or the lake, but I took pictures regardless. I could tell that the ultra-trendy couple behind me on the plane were giggling at my attempts to "take a cool picture for her blog" but whatever...I've learned to take it in stride...and then make sure my seat goes alllllll the way back for the duration of the flight. After getting to Ohio, I went right to campus and moved into the apt, which is wicked hot and also inhabited by three other women. Luckily, they are all easygoing (so far) and there is one girl that is obviously "The Boss". I'm fine with that, as long as I can watch TV and don't have to clean up any one's barf. Who says barf anymore? I do. Today was the first day of class, and unfortunately, my camera is out of juice, otherwise I would have more to show you. I had philosophy and theology and I got a great laugh from the class when the professor posed the following scenario: "Some say that Pigs are as intelligent as a 4 year old child. If that is true, and we kill pigs...why not kill children under four too?" There's lots of silence in a class full of 19 year olds...so I blurt out "Because they don't taste as delicious?" I'm eating in a cafeteria...probably the biggest shock to the system. Sodexo food...nothing is from anywhere around here...unless you count the trucking company that distributes the food. Hmmm... Again, I should have pictures, and in fact, I am now motivated to get off the chair in the lounge and go to the bookstore and buy some batteries...some of this stuff is too good to be true...like the girls that came over last night to hang out, both with two 40oz. of Bud Light (each) TAPED to their hands. Crap...I need to get a video camera.

1 comment:

the le duo said...

nest time you see girls with 40's taped to their hands, send 'em this way!