Physics class is awesome...I mean that.

I totally love my physics class, and not just because he lets us out an hour (or more) early each week. The professor is so amusing, and he knows it. For those that went to Ursuline with me, he's like Mr Neiman...for those that didn't go to UA...he's like all good science teachers...totally into his subject, with lots of self deprecating jokes, and a love of goofy ties...today was a snoopy print. I'm settled in, I suppose...since I just celebrated my two week anniversary of being back...and it already seems like I've been back for a while. I am still really glad to be here, and it helps to have a friend that joins me for fun activities each week (so far...he's not only a student, but works in an accounting firm..so his year is about to get busier) Yesterday, we went to the Krohn Conservatory and I could have kicked myself for not bringing my camera (sorry Angela!). But there are some ok images on their website. Yesterday was downright frigid, a perfect day to go to the rainforest...even if it is just a simulated one. My favorite room was the "spring" room (as I called it, it's really the Floral Display Room...take the virtual tour)...full of tulips and daffodils and orange trees...the whole feeling was warm and joyful. Afterwards we retired to the former Rookwood Pottery Restaurant, which they have since re-named something stupid, which I will not print here...the inside of the restaurant looks pretty typical, except for the large brick kilns scattered all over the lounge...each big enough to hold a table for eight or so. For those of you that watch Antiques Roadshow, you may have seen Rookwood Pottery come up...it's a world famous pottery house that produced ceramics at the end of the 19th and into the 20th century...it has since been shut down, but pieces still surface. After a few bloody mary's (for me...I love bloody's!) I met the family for dinner and learned that my 17 year old brother is expected to grow another two inches at least...topping him off at 6'7"...the tallest Horan man ever to walk the earth! Today I had a class and a resume critique and then physics, which starts at 6PM and is supposed to go until 10, but the professor let us go at 8:30...getting back to the subject of my entry...I'm off to change and go to a meeting of the Business Fraternity on campus...Phi Beta something greek...hey...free pizza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, where are the updates? do you have midterms or something???!!!

i miss the updates, ladybird. cause i miss you so!